Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Lolita Blog Carnival: Winter Lolita Look


If you haven't noticed the above icon in my sidebar, I've joined the Lolita Blog Carnival! I'm really excited to join this collective and share in writing about the same topic with other lolita fashion enthusiasts. This week's topic is to put together a winter lolita look! This is particularly timely seeing as I just happened to pick up a fantastic coat from Dream V's Rakuten shop.

Unfortunately, I live in the south eastern United States, where it's warm and sunny at least 80% of the time. However, so far this autumn has been quite chilly, and I realized shortly before Thanksgiving that the only long sleeve blouses I have are made of chiffon. While well suited for my climate, should the weather take a sudden and chilly turn, I would be woefully unprepared. So I browsed Rakuten and picked up a great coat for a reasonable price - as much as I lust after a brand coat, the price is somewhat prohibitive for something I may use at best less than a handful of times a year.

Coat: Dream V
JSK: Bodyline
Bag, socks: Angelic Pretty
Bows, rosette: Rococo Soul
Shoes: Antaina
Beret: off brand
I know, I know - if you happen to follow me on Tumblr, or have seen my lolita 52 post on planning for a trip, you'll know that I use that dress often. One of my goals for the coming year is to acquire some more solid colored pieces, because they're so great for letting some of the other pieces in a wardrobe shine. Often times we as lolitas get so hung on on the dress, that some of us seem to forget that brands release so many other amazing things! A simple and plain solid colored jumper skirt is just the thing for letting these pieces have the spotlight. I chose this dress, because since the coat is off white, it does not compete, and lets the accessories play a lead role.

Of course, no matter the climate you call home, winter calls for dressing in layers. A morning that begins quite cold can quickly warm up as soon as the sun rises over the horizon. This autumn already I've seen temperatures go from 20 degrees F to over 50 degrees in a single day! If that's not enough to make you regret over dressing, I don't know what will. So taking this into consideration, when designing a winter outfit you're also going to want to consider what is under that lovely coat.

Parka: Angelic Pretty
Necklace: Akilya
While this coordinate may not be suited for the over the top look many lolitas go for when attending a convention, it's a practical outfit absolutely perfect for casual and cozy get togethers with friends, or shopping for those on your holiday gift list. After all, aren't those two of the best things about this time of year?


If you're looking for more winter coordinate inspiration, please check out some of these other amazing posts from members of the Lolita Blog Carnival!

Alice in Lolitaland
The Kingdom of Frilly Magic
The Bloody Tea Party

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I love the idea of a simple dress to let the accesories shine. One of my Lolita necessities right now is accesories and complements. I'm just starting so I need lots and lots of beautiful hosiery and headdesses. Once I get them I will definetly follow your advise and get myself a plain color dress. Also, I live in a hot weather too so those layers are something to take into consideration. Great advise, again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! I appreciate all your lovely comments. Try to check out eBay for pretty tights, most of the time they have free shipping and will give you much more variety than local shops.

      As far as hot weather goes - I find short sleeved boleros and open neck blouses to be really great at helping keep me cool. Many lolita blouses have such close fitting necklines, at least for me opening that are up really helps keep my from feeling suffocated.

      Delete
  2. I love your goal of finding more solid pieces!! I recently bought an all ivory JSK too and have already worn it many times because it is so versatile. Now on the look out for a solid dress in wine or pink. Can't wait to see what you get. /(=⌒x⌒=)\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solid dresses are so great, aren't they? I wish you luck in your search!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...